Research Reveals that Major Retailers Lag Behind on Local Search, Mobile, Social and Content Marketing, Leaving Billions in Revenue on the Table
Vivial is proud to announce its latest round of industry research, The Retail 150 Local Marketing Report Card. In it we analyze the top 150 retailers and their local online marketing strategy across over 40 different categories in 4 key Local Marketing Pillars (Local SEO, Local Social Media, Mobile Marketing, Content Marketing).
Our research covers:
- How online marketing influences over half of in-store consumer sales (Forrester Research)
- National brands that integrate local marketing processes will increase revenue 10-15% by 2015 (Gartner)
- The vast majority of retailers are failing basic elements in the 4 Pillars of Local Marketing
- The leaders and laggards in each category and case studies of success such as Whole Foods, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Best Buy
- The organizational and technology challenges for the modern retail CMO to drive better marketing ROI and a solution roadmap
With the average retailer scoring only 3.58 out of 10 and only one retailer getting above a 7, there are tremendous opportunities for improvement in the industry. Here are some quick snapshots of data, but download the brief or the full research for more information.
If you are a retailer and would like a custom report card completed, please contact us at GetHelp@localVox.com. Before you improve, you need to know where you stand.