While many businesses, especially in smaller communities, start by using networking and traditional word-of-mouth to grow their business, they must eventually find more ways to get the word out for long-term success. That is where digital marketing steps in.
Digital marketing is not a luxury; it’s a necessity for all businesses.
Why? While there are too many reasons to share them all here, we do want to cover the three most important reasons local businesses should leverage digital marketing.
- Local Search Intent: It doesn’t matter whether your clients are B2B or B2C; their customers are taking to the internet to locate information, such as phone number, business hours, and product information. In fact, 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information, and 29% of Google users only visit one website from the search results. If they can’t find your client, they may move on to a competitor they do see.
- Online Research Prior to Purchase: 81% of buyers conduct online research first. Whether they are looking for something as simple as a new toy for their child or more complex services like roof replacement or a senior living facility for Grandma, consumers want to make informed decisions. Eight out of ten turn to the internet to do their homework first, and these consumers are seeking informative content to help guide their decisions. Content marketing tools such as website blogs and social posts ensure your clients are right there, ready to answer their customer’s questions. This content solidifies them as experts in the industry and increases the likelihood their customers will come back to them when they are ready to make a purchase.
- Customers Expect It: 80% of B2B buyers now expect the same buying experience as B2C customers? Businesses need to meet their customers where they are, and in this day in age, that is online. Thankfully, there are a plethora of digital marketing tactics that can help your clients do this, from social media, online paid advertising, and search engine optimization, to name a few.
However, the problem is that many businesses don’t have the capacity or the know-how to implement successful digital marketing strategies. And let’s be honest, they have enough on their plate. Do they really want to continuously learn the latest digital marketing tactics, best practices, and trends? Most-likely not. That’s where partnering with a reputable marketing agency can become a smart solution for your client.
Why Your Clients Should Partner With a Marketing Agency?
One big misconception is that marketing agencies are only for the big, Fortune 500 businesses. This is no longer true. With technology advances small to mid-size, businesses can truly benefit at a cost-effective investment. Ask yourself the following three questions, and if you agree to any, your clients are ready to partner with a marketing agency.
1. My Client Doesn’t Know Where to Start
Digital marketing is complex. New opportunities, updates, and avenues pop up every day. And this is not changing any time soon. A great example of this is Apple’s iOS 14 update that may significantly impact Facebook Advertising, causing many to readjust their campaign strategies.
By partnering with an agency like Vivial, your clients will have a team in the background constantly monitoring the industry. With this knowledge, Vivial can help them build and continuously evolve their strategy to achieve maximum performance.
2. My Client Doesn’t Have the Time and/or Staff for Marketing
As we’ve said, the world of digital marketing is constantly evolving. Keeping up with best practices and new tactics for each digital marketing channel can be a full-time job itself. For many businesses, hiring additional, or dedicated marketing staff, may not be the best use of company dollars.
When partnering with a marketing agency like Vivial, we become an extension of the team. And that support can vary, depending on the business needs. We can simply provide them easy access to industry insights and tools such as the Vivial Marketing Platform, which centralizes and automates many of their digital marketing efforts, or we can take over their marketing efforts completely.
3. My Client Has a Limited-Budget
We’ve all heard the saying, “you’ve got to spend money to make money.” And while this statement is true, we understand that small to medium-sized businesses often don’t have the largest marketing budget. Therefore, partnering with a third-party agency may seem counter-intuitive, especially since they are spending money for a tool or management in addition to the actual marketing cost. However, that often isn’t the case since it is freeing up time for them to run their business or their staff’s time to complete other tasks.
By partnering with marketing experts, they have a team that works in this field day-in and day-out. They know what works, what doesn’t work and stay on top of best practices. Behind the scenes, they are constantly working to ensure your clients are getting the best return on investment possible. Ready to learn more about how Vivial’s Marketing Solutions can benefit your customers and increase your total monthly revenue? Set up time with one of our Channel Managers.