At Vivial, our mission is to help broadcast the voice of local businesses to local consumers. At the crux of our offering is the publishing of event, announcements and deals. For many businesses, producing content can be a challenge. Perhaps they don’t feel like they have the time or the resources. Often they fear what might happen if they get it “wrong.” It doesn’t have to be Shakespeare, but the importance of publishing is clear.
I just read an article on Forbes about Winning the SEO Battle Through Content Curation in which they quoted an important statistic: Companies who blog see on average 55% more content to their websites. So if you are looking for a reason to get started that should be all the reason you need.
- The more content you have out there, the better you are going to do on organic searches (like Google, Bing, etc.).
- Readers like to review more than just a listing. Each piece of content gives readers more reasons to follow up with your business because it lets you explain your brand.
- Content can be used to help draw people from social media to your website and keep your social media accounts fresh.
- The more content you have on the web with links the better your Google Place page will rank on map apps like the iPhone, especially if you leverage it in Google Plus. We can help if you need some ways to get started.
- Content can be syndicated through many outlets to get more bang for the buck. For example, our clients often see their announcements on CNN, a network of local blogs and NearSay, our local business newswire.